Yolo-Solano AQMD also works to connect local businesses and public agencies with regional and statewide programs administered by the Sacramento Metropolitan AQMD and California Air Resources Board.
The regional air districts can help fleets pay for new lower emission engines, lower emission retrofits, and new equipment replacements under the AQMD’s Heavy-Duty Low-Emission Vehicle Program. Private business and public agencies that use heavy-duty vehicles or mobile off-road equipment meeting specific cost-effective requirements can receive funds to defray the costs of new lower emission technologies for diesel engines. Our air quality incentive programs, administered by the SMAQMD to maximize efficiency, that are available to individuals, companies and agencies within the Yolo-Solano AQMD include the following:
The Carl Moyer Program funds eligible projects seeking to upgrade emission controls on heavy duty off-road vehicles including agricultural equipment (tractors, balers, irrigation pumps) and construction equipment (tractors, backhoes). See our Moyer Program page for more info.
- Moyer Voucher Incentive Program (VIP)
- The Moyer Voucher Incentive Program (VIP) provides vouchers through AQMD-approved dealerships for the replacement of on-road heavy-duty diesel vehicles that have 2002 or older engines with cleaner emission vehicles. Applies to truck fleets with 3 or fewer vehicles that operated at least 75% in California in the past 24 months.
- Goods Movement Emission Reduction Program (GMERP)
- Provides funds for vehicle replacements of Class 8 diesel on-road trucks. Applies to goods movement operation in California with at least 50 percent operation on trade corridor(s) in the past 24 months. (Note: this program is currently closed to new applications.)
The state currently funds substantial incentives for companies and agencies looking to transition their truck or bus fleet to hybrid technology, in addition to incentives for consumers who purchase clean vehicles.
- Hybrid Trucks And Buses
- The Hybrid Vehicle Incentive Program provides funds to replace diesel medium to heavy-duty vehicles, including school buses, with hybrid technology vehicles.
- Clean Cars, Trucks and Vans
- The Clean Vehicle Rebate Project offers rebates of up to $2,500 for consumers and agencies and businesses who purchase or lease new eligible alternative fuel vehicles including electric, plug-in hybrid electric and fuel cell vehicles. The ARB’s Drive Clean website maintains a database of incentives available.
- Farm and Ranch Conservation
- Administered by the Natural Resources Conservation Service, the Environmental Quality Incentive Program (EQIP) was created as a voluntary financial assistance program for farmers and ranchers to help eligible producers install or implement conservation practices on agricultural land.