The Sacramento Valley Basinwide Air Pollution Control Council (BCC) is authorized pursuant to California Health and Safety Code Section (HSC) §40900. The BCC consists of an elected official of, and designated by, the air pollution control district governing board of each district within the Sacramento Valley Air Basin. There are nine Council Members on the BCC.
The BCC is to carry out the following activities pursuant to State law and the California Code of Regulations (reference HSC §41865 and §41866; California Code of Regulations 80100 et. seq.):
- Smoke Management Program (see section below)
- Rice Straw Burning Reduction Act of 1991
- Conditional Rice Straw Burning Permit Program for the Sacramento Valley Air Basin
- Assist Districts in the Sacramento Valley Air Basin in coordinating all air pollution control activities to ensure that the entire Sacramento Valley Air Basin is, or will be, in compliance with the requirements of State and Federal law.
For information concerning BBC or TAC documents, meetings, and agenda materials, please contact:
PO Box 8132
Red Bluff, CA 96080
(530) 588-8958 / e-mail GailBCCSec@outlook.com