The following is the Agenda for the YSAQMD’s August 10, 2022 Board meeting scheduled to begin at 9:00 a.m. A pdf version of the full Board packet is available here.
Public Access Information:
Dial-in: (669) 900-9128
Meeting ID: 880 6515 8835
This meeting is being agendized to allow Board Members, staff and the public to participate in the meeting via teleconference, pursuant to Government Code section 54953(e)(1) (as amended by Assembly Bill 361), available at the following link.
Members of the public are encouraged to observe and participate in the teleconference. Instructions on how to electronically participate and submit your public comments can be found in the PUBLIC PARTICIPATION INSTRUCTIONS at the end of this agenda.
- Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Public Statements and Comments – The Board of Directors reserves the right to impose a reasonable limit on time afforded to any topic or to any individual speaker. Anyone wishing to address the Board is asked to comply with the Public Participation Instructions at the end of this agenda.
- Closed Session:
Public Employment, Employee Appointment or Evaluation
Pursuant to Government Code § 54957
Position title: Executive Director/APCO
- * Authorize the YSAQMD Board Chairperson to Execute a Contract for Recruitment Services Pertaining to the Executive Director/APCO Position
- * Consent Agenda:
A. Authorization of Remote Teleconference Meetings of the YSAQMD Board of Directors Pursuant to Assembly Bill 361
B. Approve Draft Minutes of the July 7, 2022 YSAQMD Special Board Meeting
C. Approve Draft Minutes of the July 13, 2022 YSAQMD Board Meeting
D. Receive and Accept Long Range Planning Calendar
E. Approve Updated Executive Director/Air Pollution Control Officer (APCO) Job Description
F. Receive and Accept Report on Indemnification Required in the Past Month
G. Authorize the Interim APCO to Enter into an MOU with Sacramento Metro Air Quality Management District (SMAQMD) to Accept Targeted Airshed Grant Funding (Year 2 – 2021 Cycle) to Administer District Incentive Programs
H. Approve Purchase Air Monitoring Equipment
I. Receive and Accept Report on the Other Post-Employment Benefits Actuarial Valuation Report for June 30, 2022
- Agenda Additions – Emergency Items Only
- Administrative Report
(Discussion regarding subjects not specifically listed is limited to clarifying questions)
A. Board Members’ Report
B. APCO’s Report
- * Community Air Protection Program Policies and Procedures
- * Clean School Bus Program Update and Authorization to Maximize Match Funding
- * Adjournment
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION INSTRUCTIONS
Based on guidance from the California Department of Public Health and the California Governor’s Office, in order to minimize the spread of the COVID 19 virus, please do the following:
- To attend the Board of Directors meeting via teleconference, use the Zoom link or dial-in information listed at the top of this agenda.
- If you are joining the meeting via zoom and wish to make a comment on an item, press the “raise a hand” button. If you are joining the meeting by phone, press *9 to indicate a desire to make comment. The chair will call you by name or phone number when it is your turn to comment. Speakers will be limited to 3:00 minutes.
- If you choose not to observe the Board of Directors meeting but wish to make a comment on a specific agenda item, please submit your comment via email at least 72 hours prior to the Board meeting. Please submit your comment to the Board Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your comment will be placed into the record at the Board meeting.
- If you are joining the meeting via zoom and wish to make either a general public comment or to comment on a specific agenda item as it is being heard, you may also submit your comment, limited to 250 words or less, to the Board Clerk at email@example.com. Every effort will be made to read your comment into the record, but some comments may not be read due to time limitations. Comments received after an agenda item is heard will be made part of the record if received prior to the end of the meeting.