IMPORTANT REMINDERS FOR ALL OPEN BURNING IN THE DISTRICT
- All agricultural burning requires District authorization prior to ignition.
- Only dry, vegetative material may be burned – examples include tree prunings, leaves, weeds, crop stubble, ditch banks, etc.
- Trash, lumber, plywood, treated wood, plastic, pallets, furniture, construction materials, etc. may NOT be burned.
- All open burning must occur on a burn day, with ignition during burn hours.
- Fire may not smolder or burn later than sundown.
- Burning may not cause a nuisance to neighbors or to the public.
- Comply with all fire district requirements.
The Yolo-Solano AQMD’s mission is to protect public health from the harmful impacts of air pollution. As such, the District runs programs aimed at controlling smoke and preventing the health impacts it can cause.
This flowchart was designed to help you find out what type of burn you want to do. See the links for rural yard burning, agricultural burning and ‘Don’t Light Tonight‘ advisories for information and any requirements. If you need authorization for an agricultural burn, please call (530) 757-3660 after 9:30 a.m.