Agricultural Sources

Some types of agricultural sources require permits from the District.

Agricultural Operating Permits

Agricultural sources with actual emissions of at least 12.5 tons of criteria pollutants on contiguous ag land are required to apply for an agricultural operating permit.

Confined Animal Facility Permits

Confined Animal Facility permits are issued to large-scale commercial animal operations when certain thresholds are met. These thresholds are based on the number of animals confined at the facility.

Agricultural Engine Registration

Agricultural engines rated at greater than 50 horsepower (excluding mobile equipment such as tractors, harvesters, bailers, or spray rigs) within Yolo-Solano AQMD must be registered. These engines are most typically used for stationary or portable water pumps or running a portable compressor or electrical generator.